Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Happy Easter!!

For Fans Of Chocolate Eggs

The Belgian chocolate producer Guylian made the chocolate egg with at least 50.000 bars on behalf of the city of St. Niklaas.The egg measured 8.32 metres high and beats the record of Kwazulu-Natal in South-Africa in 1996. That egg was 7.65 metres high.Twenty-six craftsman worked altogether 525 hours to build the egg. They needed 1950 kg of chocolates.Alderman Urbain Vercauteren of the city of St.Niklaas said the egg wasn't meant to be eaten.He said: "After a week outside in all weather conditions, I don't think it would be very tasteful."

1 Comments:

Blogger Sera said...

That's a huuuugge egg!

I reckon if you cut inside by about a mile you might find a tasty bit.

I just read your comment on Gwen's post - I hope Gnasher is O.k! Have you got a photo?, sounds so cute!
I really do hope your rabbit is o.k. This should be a celebratory and happy time for bunnies - I mean they even have monuments made by Lindt!

Anyway, thanyou so much for keeping up the holiday spirit in this time of hard work!

Ooh, also, maybe I should put this on you blog actually - oh well. I Was looking through the British Library Site. There's some really interesting images and little bits of information on there. I saw some images of book spines - much like the one you are painting and while I know the physicality of a photo has no involvement with your practice they definately reminded me of your work.

Well, before I start waffling on again have a great Easter!
Sarah.x

4:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home